What is Hypnotherapy?
In Hypnotherapy the therapist induces in the client deeply focused (Hypnotic) state of mind in clients in order to effect a desired change.
Hypnotic states of mind are normal and are experienced by people every day of their lives to varying degrees. These include states such as:
- being in a deep sleep,
- having a dream whilst asleep,
- just falling asleep in that zone where you have no control over your thoughts,
- just waking up,
- ... and so forth
Hypnotherapy just takes advantage of the potential of these various states of mind to effect desired changes for the better.
In the Hypnotic state achieved during a Hypnotherapy session the mind is very pliable and open and can easily take on suggestions which are beneficial and which help the problem being addressed. The effect is deeply relaxing and problems can seem to melt away. You cannot be hypnotised unless you are willing to participate.
Benefits of Hypnotherapy
- Deep relaxation - in this state the natural healing mechanisms of the body can work optimally
- Beneficial changes to self-esteem and personal confidence
- Beneficial changes to belief and behavioural patterns
- Beneficial changes to both the physical and emotional states of well-being
- Increase in creativity
What happens in a Hypnotherapy Session?
An intake form is completed to gain information about the client`s current problem plus background information which may be relevant. The therapist introduces the topic of hypnosis. The client is placed in a comfortable chair and the therapist begins to induce the correct state of mind using scripts developed for different purposes.
In the Hypnotic state induced within a session:
- You are not unconscious - the subconscious mind is always fully alert.
- You are not out of control.
- You cannot be made to do things you do not want to do.
- You cannot get stuck in that state.
- You cannot be made to divulge anything you would not normally divulge.
The beneficial effect of hypnotherapy, properly applied, has been proven many times over by thousands of practitioners and millions of subject.
Hypnotherapy is a Complementary therapy which cannot replace normal medical diagnosis and treatment but which can support and help people who have many issues, both physical and emotionally based.
Hypnotherapy sessions are £70.00 for a session that lasts between an hour and 90 minutes.