What is Reflexology?
If you are feeling unwell or stressed in any way you might find Reflexology useful. It is a gentle but powerful holistic (whole person) approach to achieving a state of increased well-being. It is available to anyone and is so safe that it is now widely used in hospitals, hospices and oncology departments to support the well-being of their patients. Reflexology could help you!
Reflexology works with the natural energy of the body. This is known as Chi or Ki and, according to the traditions of Eastern medicine, normally flows in an orderly way throughout the body. The normal flow pattern is disrupted whenever injury, illness, poor nutrition or emotional distress are present. Reflexology involves massage of pressure points of the hands, or more usually the feet, which is believed to relieve blockages in the flow and so restore the holistic balance (Body, mind and Soul)
Reflexology Sessions are from 45 minutes to one hour in duration.
Cost: £35.00 for one session or £120.00 for a block of 4 sessions.
What can Reflexology be used for?
We have worked successfully with Reflexology for clients in these situations:
- Ongoing stress due to work, family situations, relationships and financial problems
- Pregnancy –Reflexology support (with the doctor`s or midwife`s knowledge) during all stages of pregnancy can be very beneficial.
- Sub-fertility – this can often be due to underlying emotional distress which may result in hormonal disturbances.
Fear based issues
- Post–operative support for people who have been through various major surgeries.
- Support and rehabilitation after a stroke or heart attack
- Support during chemotherapy or radiation treatment for cancer
- PMT, menopause and other hormonally driven problems
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (ME)
- And more! – we may be able to help you.
What Happens During A Reflexology Treatment?
- An intake form is filled in for each new clients logging details of relevant information.
- The patient is then seated comfortably in a reclining chair with the shoes and socks removed if the feet are to be treated. No other clothing needs to be removed. (Please note that clean feet are very much appreciated and wipes will be available for use should you need them.)
- The practitioner manipulates and massages reflex points on the feet (or hands) which relate to specific areas of the body. The sensations felt may include warmth, coolness, tingling, buzzing as energy flows re-balance and allow the natural healing mechanisms to act.
- Clients usually relax deeply and some may sleep and then awake feeling refreshed.
- Sometimes after a session the body`s elimination systems become more active and clients may experience minor symptoms as waste material is eliminated (detoxification or healing reactions).
Clients report that most problems respond to Reflexology within 4-6 weekly sessions. Improvement may be sudden or more gradual so it is worth continuing for the duration of the course your therapist recommends. Subsequently many people find a maintenance level of 1 session every month is enough to maintain well-being. You may be surprised how much difference a course of Reflexology can make to how you feel about your health and your life.
The ability to heal is within you – your body and mind know what is needed to be healthy. All you have to do is relax and allow the healing mechanisms to work for you.
Feel free to phone for a free 15 minute phone consultation to discuss your requirements, or for more information or to book an appointment.